Tree Stand & ATVs
ATVs & Snowmobiles Policy
There are separate brochures and maps available which show designated trails. Please ride responsibly and respect others using our outdoor resources. Remember, it is against the law to harass wildlife with ATVs or snowmobiles!
Bayfield County snowmobile trails do not open until after the regular gun deer hunting season closes. ATV regulations vary on public and private lands, so check with the landowners or managing agency before riding.
A brief summary of some of the policies is included within the table below, along with some of the tree stand requirements for lands within Bayfield County.
Tree Stand & ATV Policies*
|Property||Tree Stands||Ground Blinds|
|Bayfield County Forest||
No cutting of "shooting lanes," use of nails, or screw-in devices are allowed on any county lands. Check with the appropriate land management agency for their current regulations.
Public Agency Contacts
- U.S. Forest Service
- Washburn Ranger District: 715-373-2667
- Great Divide Ranger District: 715-634-4821
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Call Center (7 a.m. to 10 p.m.): 888-936-7463
- Bayfield County Forestry and Parks Department
- Phone Number: 715-373-6114
- Emergency Phone Number: 715-373-6120